Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I need a mom…

close to me.  Geographically.  I have been blessed by TWO (not one, but two!) of the greatest moms I EVER could have custom asked for.  Really – I’ve always know that my Mom was the best – the person I look up to, the advice I ask for, she is compassionate and generous, has character and integrity, she’s always serving other people, she loves with her whole heart, and she’s always there for me when I need her to be. For example, on a particularly bad day a few weeks ago, I called my mom.  She bought a plane ticket – that day, and I got to spend last weekend with her.  It was wonderful :)

And a few years ago, I got really lucky and married the man of my dreams, whose mother then became my amazing mom #2 – I really don’t know why my life is turning out so good!  I wrote down a list of words that describe my Mom Williams: crazy, open-hearted and open-minded, generous, adventurous, spontaneous, joyful, energetic, full of love.  She came to visit the weekend before my (original) mom, so I got two weekends of good momma TLC.  There are now 6 home-cooked frozen dinners in my freezer, not including leftovers.  My house is clean, and my shoulder/neck muscles are actually not sore OR tight.  Yes, I’m spoiled.  And I’m ok with that :)

 PC302748 (really?  this is the last picture of my mom and I that I can find, it was taken almost 2 years ago!  We need to take more pictures!)DSCN7808100_0164  100_0166

Now I just need to actually live NEAR one of them, so all this goodness doesn’t have to be condensed into two weekends!

2 comments:

jess bahr said...

Glad to see you're still alive and blogging :)
You have got some wondeful mothers to stock your fridge (and freezer) like that. Maybe they can come to my house??

Mom Wargo said...

It's very easy to be a good Mom to a daughter like you, Jules - you're sweet and kind and so grateful. And it was so cool to see you at work and have everyone there tell me how great you are! You know what the best thing in the world is? to have children that are smarter,nicer, and better looking than you!