Sunday, March 2, 2014

February 2014

Hello there! Long time no see, or write...sorry about that. New resolution: I'm going to post one blog for every month. I can't promise it will be during that month, but hopefully it will be pretty darn close to the last day of the month. So with no further adieu, February!

Troy turned 2 years old- holy moly!! We had a semi-train themed party at my parent's house for him, made some homemade pizza (well, it was store bought crust, which was much easier), smoothies, and not one but TWO train cakes! All of Troy's favorite things :) Plus, my parents have swings in their basement and for a two-year-old, it doesn't get much better than that.



Trains are pretty high on Troy's list right now, right along with cars, gee-tars, drums, airplanes (recently added), and dancing and singing his little heart out. He is so energetic, so loving and sweet, and so funny- I feel so blessed to be his mommy! He loves dragging Dusty or I out of bed in the wee hours of the morning (I'm usually the lucky one) to line up his cars, build a train track, or put some music on and dance. He gives us our guitars, and lately we also need to be standing on a book (?). I'm always surprised at how many words he knows and how smart he is. He knows almost all his colors and he counts like this, "two, three, two, three?" Or "four, five, four, five?" Always with the question mark. And this morning as he walked into the kitchen and the light from the window blinded him he said, "Oh! That's shiny!" He has finally started going to nursery without screaming (knock on wood) and I love picking him up and seeing his face light up when he sees me, seeing his scribbles (I have some of them framed) and hearing him telling me about nursery in his little voice. He mostly just says, "Nursery! I go nursery!" He is a major mama's boy, sometimes I love that and sometimes I hate it...but he is branching out to Dusty. He calls his daddy "Dusty" at times and wants to do everything he does, but he keeps me in sight. Lately he wants to sleep on the couch if Dusty is sleeping on the couch at Troy's bedtime. But he always has been SO excited to see his daddy when he gets home from work, and I think he looks forward to it all day because he asks for him, or where he is, periodically.

(Don't worry, that top left picture isn't poop- it's kinetic sand!)
Troy's new love of airplanes was inspired by a trip to the New England Air Museum- it was pretty awesome!


February was the month of snow days for Dusty! We loved getting to have him home with us, it was a nice and needed break for Dusty and me :). But now we are anxious for him not to get anymore- we want a summer vacation, too!



Michelle had her baby- beautiful baby Zoe Violet! She is perfect. She looks so much like Penelope did when she was born, without the dark hair.



And I have officially started working on building a business! An etsy business, that is. And I guess it's not actually official yet, seeing as how I haven't opened shop yet, or thought of a name...but I am making things to sell! That's the most important part, right?


Must...drum...
This is how I feel right now, except it's more, "must...blog..."

2 comments:

Lia said...

I love Troy's serious face while he drums!

Mary said...

Yay for a post! The cakes look awesome. Maybe I should start the blog posts again. I love seeing yours so I should probably reciprocate.