Wednesday, February 17, 2010

G-ville Half Marathon in 2:07:49 – yeah baby!

On Valentine’s Day I ran a half marathon with my friend Lisa (it was very romantic).  My goal was to do 10 minute miles, and I did it!  I’m happy.

pretty spanish moss

Pretty spanish moss – one thing I genuinely like about Florida.

dreaming

I don’t run with my eyes closed all the time…

end

Approaching the finish line.

after race 

I look confused – I don’t know why.

lisa and i crazy

We finished!!  We can still move! – and we have Krispy Kreme donuts :))

P2142910

Dusty told me to pose for a picture, so I started dancing?  lol

And..a little more normal :)

me and lisa

Lisa – you are awesome!!!  Thanks for being my running/venting about Nursing school/eating really awesome home cooked meals and lots of chocolate buddy :)

 

I think I should also add that it was 32 DEGREES when we started this run…and I’m pretty sure it only got up to about 40 during the run.  THAT IS COLD!  I am not really enjoying El Nino.

2 comments:

Lia said...

Hmm . . . I don't know how I feel about you having a friend named Lisa. Sounds too close to my name . . .

Anyways, good job!! I love how all the pictures say "proof" on them! haha

sharon said...

SO proud of you!! Remember that one time in Hawaii when you asked me to train with you for the marathon? haha... I was dying inside. LOL! I totally want to try to do it one day though :)