Monday, November 22, 2010

adventures.

Crystalyn!  This post is for you :).

Crystalyn and Shaun are coming for Thankgsiving this Thursday (so excited!), and are looking for possible adventures for Friday – I have to work, boo.  I was thinking, we really haven’t done all that much, but we did make a list awhile back that has been on our fridge, of things we want to to do while we’re here in the sunshine state.

DSCF0110

Just in case you can’t read that, I’ll transcribe here.  (keep in mind, we don’t have any babies, so I’m not sure all these will be Juniper-safe)

but – I’ll start on the one you totally should do, because it is      

-JUNIPER spring!!  We canoed the spring run, but it takes a reaaally long time, and I’m not really sure you’d want to take a 2 year old on a canoe…for 6 hours…but the spring itself is really cool, too. 

-Wild Waters – did that on a 1/2 price day, actually not that cool.  (and not open now…)

-Ride bikes on the Canaveral sea shore – this was SO fun!  But you do need a little person bike/rider…we don’t have one.  Sorry :/

P6263369

-Payne’s Prairie – in Gainesville!  It’s pretty cool, but mostly just a prairie.  People say there are buffalo and wild horses there, but I’ve never seen them – only lots of alligators.

-Cedar Key – this is a cool old fishing town about an hour away from us – good sea food :)

PA023856

PA023835

-Weekiwachi springs/water park – probably not open, but this was pretty fun.  They have mermaids!

-Homosassa Springs

-Miami (very far, need hotel/money/time…needless to say, we haven’t done this one in awhile)  (but Miami is really cool!)

P5242184

P1171825

-Shired Island – we are THINKING about camping here this weekend – I have to work Friday but not Sat. or Sun!  Maybe we should collaborate??

PB151641  PB151628

 

 

 

 

-Caladesi Island/Honeymoon Island – mangroves!  Really cool.

PB282576

PB282609

 

 

 

 

 

 

-Rock Springs Float – no idea what this is.  Probably a spring run float…duh, but we haven’t done it yet.

-Volusia Blue Springs – in the winter this is a Manatee Reserve, no swimming allowed, but we really want to go see the manatees!

-Busch Gardens - $78 per ticket!!  we haven’t done this yet…

-Florida Caverns State Park – in the Panhandle, kind of far, again, haven’t done it yet, but it sounds cool.

-Go back to Englewood to get more shark teeth!!  I liked this adventure :)  But I wish Katherine and Pete were still there :(. 

PB292624

-Three Sisters Spring – super awesome spring!!

-actually, all the springs are pretty awesome.  Rainbow and Little River are a couple of our favorites.  this is Little River-which is free:

PB133967

PB133985

(and by the way, this is pretty much my idea of an adventure right now: PB133975 the sun, water, and a good book.)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And last but not least…Crash-O-Rama…Carnival of Carnage - http://www.crasharamaseries.com/

Dusty went to this a few years ago and thought it was pretty awesome (guy.).  I think it is insane, but in a southern redneck-kind of funny but mostly shocking-are they going to kill themselves-why is this even happening sort of way….that I kind of want to go.  And I have to admit that I’m guilty of this:

(don’t ask.  I don’t know.  but in our defense, no one was inside the monitor, unlike the cars in crash-o-rama.)

Anyways, it’s this Friday, and (boo!) I’m working! 

So, I hope this gave you some ideas, we’ll talk Wednesday!  I’m excited! 

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  I’m pretty sure that only a select few people read this blog, and I LOVE you all!!  I wish Dusty and I could be with ALL of you this Thursday :)

2 comments:

cbryan said...

Too bad Julie can't be with all of you, because she's gonna be with ME! BWAHAHA!!! :)

Definitely some good ideas here! Of course, nothing will be as fun as getting to see you *awwwwwwwwwwww*

Lia said...

I'm jealous! Your Thanksgiving sounds more fun than mine!

Well, maybe I'll plan something super fun and write about it on my blog to make you jealous . . .